Monday, January 5, 2009

We are now on HOLD!

We had everything planned for having an IUI done the Monday before Christmas, but I was not able to go into the office the Friday prior due to the funeral. So, instead I was going in for blood work and they were watching my levels through my bloodwork. You should have seen my arms. I looked like a druggie that kept on missing! I had SO many bruses on my arms! Everything was seeming to be fine, up till Sunday when I got the call from the doc that states that my levels are over 3,000 and it should only be at 2,000! Also, that I need to keep moving - I can't sit or lay for longer than 4 hours. I am HIGH RISK and have a higher chance to getting a blood clot! I was told to take a baby asprin a day. I had my ultrasound on Christmas Eve, only to find out that my Ovaries were the size of cantaloupes! Yes, you read that right - Cantaloupes! He states that I responded too well to the meds. He said that most women that he deals with can have 4 vials a day and only produce 2 or 3 eggs, while I was on 2 vials and produced 12! I was scheduled to go on on the 6th, but that is now canceled! Since the Sunday after Christmas my body decided to go ahead and start the cycle without no meds... I NEVER start on my own!!! I always have to take meds to get they cycle going. So, because of this, my appointment is now not till the 20th! I guess we will have to wait till then. Just by what happended this past month makes me think it's more possible - since now my body is reacting the meds, since when I was on the clomid by it's self I didn't respond very well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 eggs!!! Yike! Can I start calling you guys Jon and Kate now?! Hope all goes well this month....you have been on my mind a lot :)
Ellen

Post a Comment