Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update on how things are going...

Well, yesterday we went in for our Mid-Cycle Ultrasound. They found that there were no mature eggs. He said that I'm just not really responding to the clomid.

So, now we are moving on to the next step which is "Super Ovulation" This is where I will take clomid or something like it again (for the 5 days) along with Injectables (for 7 days). Then following the same routine after that. Having to go in for a mid-cycle ultrasound then if I have a mature egg then I will get the HCG injection at that time and then follow it with IUI - Artificial Insemination (which is going to cost a chunk of change).

BUT, before we do all of that I have to go in for "minor surgery"! Mind you that I have NEVER had any surgery done before at all! I have to get four procedures done at once. They are as follows...
1. Laparoscopy - a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions (usually 0.5-1.5cm) to examine the internal organs

2. Hysteroscopy - looking inside of the uterus with a scope through the cervix.

3. D&C - Getting a sample of the lining of my uterus.

4. Tubal Perfusion - Injection of die into tubes.

At first it was set for Nov 12th at Noon, but they called later on yesterday afternoon asking if they could move it up... TO MONDAY! I will know sometime this morning on when it's going to be. Depending on if mom can get time off - she's going to come and take care of me! Yay! That's the only good thing about it.

I told my boss about the procedure and he EXPECTS me in the day after the surgery. I have talked to a few people that have had the Laparoscopy done and they told me it's going to hurt and I'm not going to be able to drive very well. Most likely I will just end up taking off the day of and the next day. Since I'm already so far behind here at work as it is. I SO need an assistant! Maybe one day I will get one. My boss told me that he had hired a guy, we will see if he passes standards. I just hope that if he does start that he's not an idiot. I'm so SICK of working and dealing with IDIOTS. I swear as of late that's all that they can hire at the pay they are willing to pay. Oh well, enough of my bitching. I will end it for now. Once I know when I will post it. It will be later on today, since I have to work (since we are starting inventory today) and then go to my Chiropractor at 2:30 then hopefully be home by 3 (since we are getting the carpets cleaned today).

2 comments:

--Lindsay-- said...

Crystal- I'm thinking about you and Eric. Good luck with the surgery. Tell your boss to shove it :o)

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking about you and wishing you happy and healthy eggs. Hopefully the next round of stuff works and you can have a new little blessing in 2009.
ellen

PS. Agree with telling the boss to shove it

Post a Comment