Sunday, April 19, 2009

My new "job"...

After being talked into it, I'm working on my own business now. It's called "Events by CAM". I already have a website created for it. http://www.eventsbycam.com and I have an assistant whenever I need her. She's been in the business for YEARS and got out of it and now wants back in. She is a good friend and helped me with my wedding. It's something that I love to do, so, hopefully by word of mouth this will kick off for me. This would be a good way to save up some money for IVF too. I have done my research and my cost are cheap compared to others out there. But unlike them, I'm willing to put in 100% into any event that I will do! Since - that's what I do anyways.

Well, work sucks as usual. Not this past week, but the week prior I worked 62.1 hours. I like getting paid for overtime, but come on now! I just got stuck with timelines that I couldn't keep up with, so, I ended up having to bring work home with me. Ah well, I got the work done and that's all that matters. This past week, I tried to take it a little more relaxed, well, I still worked 52 hours or something like that. So, not as bad, but still a lot.

We had a friend of the family's bridal shower to go to today... That was interesting. I felt SO out of place. I have only met the people a few times and the bride I had only met once before. Eric isn't to happy with the groom, since he wasn't asked to be in the wedding at all. I understand why his feelings are hurt. Espessally finding out today that he has 7 groomsmen and he was one of ours. So, he's trying to get through that. I'm trying to get him through it.

I got this wonderful computer cabinet from craigslist this weekend for only $30! It's really nice, it's got some dings and scratches, but it all works nicely!

So, this coming weekend, after Eric and I get out of work we are heading up to mom's to give her back some of her stuff and give her my old desk. This coming weekend is also the Walleye Festival. Which is a HUGE event for most Freelanders... For me it just means GARAGE SALES! Too bad I won't be up there in the morning to go to them. Oh well, maybe later on we can go around and look.

Well, I should get going to bed. I will update more later. GOODNIGHT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment