Thursday, September 24, 2009

The waiting begins...

Well, the Egg Retrieval went as planned. We arrived and Eric did his thing in record time. ;-) Then we went and ate at IHOP. Got back to the doc's in time for me to take my Valium. When it was time for me to go back I was starting to feel the effects from the Valium already. We went back into the "surgical room" where they pumped some IV meds into me... Pain killers and an amnesiac (or something like that). Eric told me that the needle that they used was literary a foot and a half long. With that same needle they stabbed both ovaries to take out the mature eggs. After that was done they sent me to recovery for a little bit and asked how I was doing. Since I appeared to be fine, they sent me along my way. When we got home I was still under the effects of the IV meds. Once they wore off... OMG, I got sicker than a dog! And I was in so much pain! It hurt to walk, sit, lay down - just about everything. Eric finally called the nurse on call and asked for something stronger than Tylenol. She sent in a script for Vicodin. I only used that right before I went to bed, so, I could sleep.

Sunday I was feeling a little better I was getting around easier, but still in pain. We ended up going with Eric's parents for dinner (since it was my MIL's birthday brunch).

We got the call on the fertility report - they retrieved 12 eggs, 1 was not mature enough. So, that left us with 11. ALL 11 FERTILIZED!

Monday we went back in the morning for the Transfer. The doc said that the two embryos that he was putting back in were really good and gives us a better chance of them sticking. After he got done I was put over in recovery for an hour with my legs propped up. During this time Eric ran to Meijer so he could get some pillows for the car for the ride home. We traveled home and I was in the backseat on the way home.

I've been taking it easy since then. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! :-)

Here is the pic of the embryos that the doc gave us on the day of the retrieval.



0 comments:

Post a Comment